(dated late December 2012)
There are a few updates on the progress of the Clanmoyle Flood Alleviation Scheme since our last email, they are as follows;
* The closing date for submissions on our planning has passed, and our City’s Planning Department has written a favourable report on the scheme. The Local Area Committee have passed the planning report at their meeting last Monday, and it is to be brought to the next City Council meeting on January 14th for formal approval. This scheme has the full support of our councillors, so we have every confidence it will get approval.
* Negotiations with one of the main stakeholders, the Clontarf Golf Club are progressing, issues raised by them and their specialists are, and have been, dealt with. A presentation was given the members of the Golf Club last night, and further discussions are planned for their AGM late January.
* Negotiations with the other stakeholders and landowners are also progressing.
* New wall flaps are to be installed early in 2013, in the boundary walls of Clanmoyle Road and Clontarf Golf Club, to the rear of some residences.
* The foreshore licence which is progressing through the Department of Environment, Heritage and Local Government, we hope to have the licence early in the New Year.
* DCC are continuing negotiations on construction details with all parties. These construction details must have the approval of the residents, Clontarf Golf Club, Irish Rail and the Office of Public Works (OPW) who are the funding authority.
* It is expected that construction works will be carried out by the OPW but this can only be confirmed after remaining statutory and legal issues are completed.
This scheme is the highest priority for Dublin City Council, and other public representatives.
As per previous email all our documents are available on our website www.dublincity.ie<http://www.dublincity.ie> just click here<http://www.dublincity.ie/WaterWasteEnvironment/waterprojects/Pages/PluvialFloodingWadRiver.aspx>.