Tomorrow’s (14/12/2012) high tide is predicted to be extremely high and above Dublin City Council’s Tide Alert levels. Following a meeting of the City Council’s Flooding Assessment Group the following precautionary actions are being taken:
- The car parks at Sandymount promenade and at Clontarf are being closed today.
- A limited number of large sandbags are being put in place in Clontarf
- The flood gates on the River Dodder will be closed tomorrow for the weekend.
- The flood defences on the River Tolka are being put in place.
- The Liffey Boardwalk defences will be closed on Friday morning.
- Spencer Dock Flood gates have been closed.
Dublin City Council maintains a stock of sandbags at various locations for strategic purposes and will be deployed by Drainage staff, if required in both Sandymount and Clontarf.